Commitment of Service
We understand that buying a home is a major decision for you that can be filled with apprehension and concern. Our job is to help you find the home that meets your needs and to make the home buying process efficient, stress-free and successful. As your Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices sales professionals, our goal is to help you find the right home.
We commit to you that we will:
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner.
- Plan a home search based on your needs.
- Introduce you to properties and neighborhoods that meet your requirements based upon our plan.
- Help you obtain the financing you may need for a home purchase.
- Assist in preparing a purchase offer on the property of your choice.
- Represent you in the transaction with the seller.
- Work to protect your interest during the completion of the transaction.
4-Step Selling Process
1. List Your Home
- Work with a realtor to discuss your objectives and list your home for sale.
- Consider price, time frame and your new home search goals and communicate them to your realtor.
- Your realtor will prepare a Comparable Market Analysis (CMA) of similar homes in your neighborhood that have listed or sold within the last 6 months to help make the best decision for marketing your home.
2. Showing Time
- Prepare your home for the showing process by de-cluttering your home and ask your realtor’s advice on staging your home for prospective buyers.
- Your real estate agent will plan an open house to draw prospective buyers and realtors to your new listing.
- A lockbox will be used so that your home so it is accessible to realtors for showing their prospective buyers. Don’t worry, lockboxes can only be accessed by licensed showing agents and each entry is recorded.
- Work with your realtor to establish time of day for realtor visits with prospective buyers. Your realtor will confirm each appointment time before it can occur.
- Ask for feedback! Your realtor should provide feedback from each visit on what buyers are saying about your home and their interest levels.
3. Negotiating an Offer
- Your realtor will relay all offers made by prospective buyers and help you evaluate the best buyer for your home.
- The process of offer and counter-offer may go on until parties arrive at an acceptable contract. This step can go very quickly or take days, even weeks.
4. Close and Move
- Once an offer is accepted, home inspections and appraisals are scheduled. After all contingencies are removed and loan is approved, your home is ready to close. A final walk-through will also be scheduled. Final closing papers and documents are signed by the buyer during the escrow closing process.
- Now it’s time to move! Escrow will provide the seller with the proceeds of their sold home.
Your realtor should make this process an easy and pain-free process from beginning to end.